Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving at Grandmother's 2008


Thanksgiving at Grandmother's has been a lot of fun. It took two extra hours to drive here because of traffic but we have had a great time. This morning mom and I got up at 7:30 and I started the BBQ to cook the turkey. This year mom and I decided to cook the entire dinner so we could give Grandmother a nice break. Ww put the turkey on at 9:00 and I kept basting the turkey every 45 min with butter, garlic and seasoning. then at 1:00 we started the cellery, olives and pickels, dad's mashed potatoes, candy yams, Eve's creamed peas, fruit salad, and from the drippings from the BBQ turkey a fabulous gravey that was to die for. Phil and Holly were visiting friends and Phil playied in a football game this morning and they got here when Chris Linda and bernard arrived at 2:00. We started eating at 2:30 and had a feast. We just enjoyed a fabulous dessert that Linda made (German choc cake and a pumkin spice cake). Ariana, and Shaudee came over a few minutes ago and it's been real fun seeing them and spending time with them. They are soooooo cute. We hope all of you have had a great day and we look forward to hearing from each of you. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!  WE LOVE YOU!!!!


5 comments:

Phil and Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phil and Holly said...

The meal was amazing. Everything tasted so good. I was all grins. For not being much of a gravy guy, it was some of the best gravy I've ever had. Thanks for such a yummy thanksgiving. -Phil

Phil and Holly said...

I want some more of those potatoes!
-Holly

Devin, April, Gavin and Drew said...

I'm jealous! I've never had a BBQ Turkey! Sounds Yummy! I wish I would have been able to see Shaudee and Ariana... I'm glad you took pictures! What a fun Thanksgiving!I bet Grandma loved it!

Jessica Havican said...

Found Ya! Thanks so much for coming to my bridal shower. It was great to see you and I love the cookbook. I was hoping that someone would get me one! It's perfect!